Haven’t been able to post for a few days because my camera was sick. I finally figured out, after trying several things, that my rechargeable batteries were shot. I bought some new lithiums and they are working fine.
Ken had his third round of chemo about a week and a half ago. We spent last week at home and he was able to run errands with me by the end of the week. He is still weak but was able to attend the opening of the Watercolor Society of Indiana show on Sunday.
This is the fifth in a series inspired by his Chemo and I tried something new. Leslie has inspired several artists to work with Masa paper collaged on watercolor paper. It can give very interesting effects. I wad and soak the paper before I collage it to my Arches CP paper. I don’t apply any color until after the collaging is complete but I often paint before the collage is dry. I use masking fluid on my paintings and I wanted to see if I could remove the masking from the Masa. You can if you apply it heavily but it doesn’t work very well. Ken really likes this particular painting and it has not motivated any modifications during my “living with it” phase. Hope you enjoy!