My Monday and Tuesday were BUSY – with a capital B! My daughter and her fiance were in town and we completed a large portion of the planning for the wedding. We have set the date, met with the site and selected a caterer. We ordered the flowers and the cake and discussed preliminary menus. We even made a mock up of the centerpieces. This was lots of fun and a nice diversion. At the end of the two days my daughter had become relaxed and happy and said she finally believed that IT would happen as she had dreamed.
I also squeezed in a little painting. I worked on three new Flow paintings. This one is on the 6″ X 6″ Fluid watercolor paper. I tried to make certain I let the paper dry thoroughly between layers of paint. This really seems to help alot. With these three paintings I tried to use more browns, greens, golds, oranges. I wanted to use primary colors from nature. I am also trying to be sure I have a clear focal point. With abstracts I get wrapped up in color, shape and line and forget about everything else. But I am getting better about considering values and defining a center of interest (even if my ideas change as I paint!)