We have been having an up-and-down type of week but I have been able to get a few photos of Spring flowers. I hope to do a couple of drawings or paintings of these beautiful plants. That said, over the last two or three days I have started three new abstracts. The first one completed was a small 6″ X 6″ painting on the Fluid watercolor paper. I still like this paper and consider it pretty robust but twice I have had the surface lift when removing masking fluid. Remember I work REALLY wet. I think I need to make certain the surface is fully, totally, 100% dry before I remove any masking. I have been able to repair the spot by wetting the tip of my finger and sticking the strip back down. It seems to hold and isn’t visible but the tears have been small. This painting is the third in my Got the Blues series…we’re kind of feeling that way right now…BUT the sun’s out, the grass is green and the Royal Wedding was marvelous. I feel a good day dawning!
April 28, 2011 April 29, 2011